Per 1 februari is dit forum niet meer actief. Je account en bijbehorende gegevens op dit forum zijn daarom verwijderd. Oude berichten kun je nog wel nalezen. We zien je eind februari graag terug in de nieuwe community van MS.nl. Meer informatie lees je op MS.nl of in dit topic.

hulp voor buitenlander!

Diagnose MS, symptomen, medische onderzoeken, behandelingen (ja of nee) en revalidatie
kamila

hulp voor buitenlander!

Bericht door kamila »

Dear MS fellows! Is anybody willing to exmplain me in English how does the dutch health care work for MS patients. Is it possible to get insurance for a foreigner patient who has already been diagnosed with severe illness like MS?

We're considering moving out from Poland. I've been diagnosed since 7 years and since 9 months I've been on Tysabri. I'm curious is it possible to continue the treatment under the dutch insurance.

Can anybody tell me how much Tysabri treatment cost? Does it depend on the insurance type? Which insurance would you recommend to MS patient.

I would appreciate your help very much.

Best!

Kamila
ilse

Bericht door ilse »

Maybe [URL="http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/living/fam ... -insurance"]this[/URL] article can be of help. I have no experience with Tysabri, but from what I understand it is covered by the basic insurance package.

Of course it depends whether the neurologist wants to prescribe Tysabri to you. So if you want to continue directly after moving to the Netherlands you might need to make contact to doctors and insurance beforehand.

The healthinsurance companies are obligated to accept people even if they are already diagnosed. If you want an additional coverage it could be more difficult to get accepted. The regular medication for MS are covered by the basic package so you might not need additional coverage.

I hope this helps.
sookie

Bericht door sookie »

Dear Kamila and Ilse,

I live in the USA. I was 2 years ago in Belgium for 10 months. I do not know how it works in The Netherlands,but arriving in another country. It is not so easy for having fast health insurance. You have to have proof where you live etc. It is important for that she does not skip a month with her medication.

Kamila,do yo already know where you wanna move { city}.
But again I know more about how it works in Belgium. MAybe The Netherlands are more easy.

lut
kamila

Bericht door kamila »

Hi! Thanks for your replies! We have an option to move out to Waalwijk; however I have no idea how to deal with the insurance issue. It's possible for me to travel back home for Tysabri infusions in the beginning but that would be costly and exhausting in the long run.

I just need to know if there is any chance to obtain insurance for me. Do you know something about the deductibles rates? How much do patients pay for Tysabri infusions here?

@ Sookie, were you treated with any disease modyfing drug while using Belgian insurance?

take care!
MetYumi

Bericht door MetYumi »

Dutch citizens with a health insurance dont have to pay for Tysabri.
I think because you’re not a Dutch citizen you dont get Tysabri.
I also think its the same in Belgium and other countries.

its a very expensive drug as you know, and no health insurance and hopital will pay for your Tysabri.
which u probably can understand.
if Im correct it cost for about € 1650,00 per month plus ofcourse you have to see and talk with a neurologic overhere.

I wish you good luck kamila.
nora † 26-06-2020

Bericht door nora † 26-06-2020 »

Dear Kamila,

If you have Dutch Health Insurance and are using already Tysabri, it will probably be no problem to get Tysabri here in Holland as well.

The Dutch Health Insurance will in general pay for Tysabri. However, your doctor has to prescribe it.

In Holland, doctors start giving people with MS Avonex, Betaseron, Copaxone or Rebif. Only if these drugs does not help enough, they will start Tysabri (or Gilenya). Because these drugs are more expansive than the ABC drugs.

So try to get an insurance before you arrive in Holland.
(see [URL="http://www.independer.nl"]www.independer.nl[/URL]; maybe they answer questions in English)

Make contact with a doctor (neurologist) before you arrive in Holland.

Ask your doctor in Poland for a medical file in which he/she explains that you need Tysabri.

Actually, I think it is easier to get Tysabri in Holland than in Poland.
shanay03 † 11-09-2013

Bericht door shanay03 † 11-09-2013 »

if you live in holland you must bi insurend . this is duty for us all onley the basic
Anna1975

Bericht door Anna1975 »

In addition to what Nora writes; I'm pretty certain it is not possible to applie for Dutch health insurrance before moving here. To get health insurrance (and a lot of other things), you need to have a social security number (BSN).

You need to contact the tax office to make an appointment to go an pick yours up at the tax-office nearest to where you're living. If you decide to move this way, you might need some help making the appointment, because the tax-phone has a computer menu in Dutch

Once you've got the social security number, you can apply for at least the basic coverage. Some insurrance companies still accept people for additional coverage without asking questions, but I can't tell you which ones.

So if you move here, on the first day you get here, make an appointment to get a social security number for yourself and everyone moving with you. These days you need it for a lot of things, e.g. you also need it for tax-purposes if want to get a job, for all forms of social security etc.
sookie

Bericht door sookie »

Dear Kamila,

What Anna wrote sounds correct.

I did used Rebif when I was in Belgium,however you have to be aware of the fact that I am a Belgium citizen.

I moved to the USA in 2004 and went back end 2009 for 10 months.

I did not have insurance anymore in Belgium. Ones I moved it was not possible for me for keeping that insurance.

The problem also was that the Doctor need to have a MRI from Beglium before she gave Rebif. My insurance took a while for paying that MRI.
Rebif I use 3 times a week so I needed the med fast,but I needed to wait for 1 month.

I was lucky that I had all my medical paper work with me,so my Doctor in Belgium believed me .
In Belgium you HAVE to have proof that you have MS before the insurance pay the meds.It needed to be a MRI from Belgium !!! That was the tricky part.

My Neurologist in Belgium helped me out allot with this.It was a bit frustrated,but moving never go easy I guess .

Lut
Plaats reactie Vorig onderwerpVolgend onderwerp