Per 1 februari is dit forum niet meer actief. Je account en bijbehorende gegevens op dit forum zijn daarom verwijderd. Oude berichten kun je nog wel nalezen. We zien je eind februari graag terug in de nieuwe community van MS.nl. Meer informatie lees je op MS.nl of in dit topic.

ECTRIMS - MS Congres

MS onderzoek&studies
Patricia H

Bericht door Patricia H »

[QUOTE=Leonard;1027436]er zijn meer meetings in de marge van ECTRIMS, waaronder multidisciplinaire meetings met veel -logen rond 1 tafel.

op 1 van die meetings zal mijn thesis MS UNRAVELLED ook aan de orde komen. ;)

ook daarna zijn er meetings waar mijn thesis aan de orde komt.

langzaam, heel langzaam, wordt het monopolie van ECTRIMS ondergraven. dat is goed.[/QUOTE]

Goed te horen... Hoop dat het wel beetje sneller gaat...
Robbie

Bericht door Robbie »

Leonard heeft overal tentakels:D
Ik vind het goed dat het aandacht krijgt!!
Robbie

anti lingo

Bericht door Robbie »

anti lingo

...[QUOTE][B]ANTI-LINGO-1[/B]

[LIST]
[*] Correlation of Brain Volume and Physical Measures with Cognitive Function Using Baseline Data from the Anti-LINGO-1 SYNERGY Trial in Multiple Sclerosis – [I]Poster P629 [/I]– [I]Thursday, 8 October – 15:45-17:00 CEST[/I]
[*] Anti-LINGO-1 Monoclonal Antibody BIIB033 Improves Optic Nerve Latency in Acute Optic Neuritis: Primary Efficacy Analysis of the RENEW Study – [I]Free Communications 3: Platform 165 [/I]– [I]Friday, 9 October – 10:03-10:15 CEST[/I]
[*] Evidence that the Anti-LINGO-1 Monoclonal Antibody BIIB033 Protects Against Multifocal Visual Evoked Potential Amplitude Loss in the Fellow Eye of Subjects with Unilateral Acute Optic Neuritis – [I]Parallel Session 13:231[/I]– [I]Saturday, 10 October – 9:25-9:36 CEST[/I]
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]
Leonard

Bericht door Leonard »

[QUOTE=neuron;1027445]Leo, doe niet zo geheimzinnig!

Welke meetings en wanneer.

.[/QUOTE]

ik weet dat niet, ik ken mijn plaats..
Leonard

Bericht door Leonard »

[QUOTE=Patricia H;1027446]Goed te horen... Hoop dat het wel beetje sneller gaat...[/QUOTE]

dat hoop ik ook! er is veel tijd verloren.
Leonard

Bericht door Leonard »

Er is veel te doen over brain volume.
Het gaat allemaal om symptomen...

Maar waarom vraagt niemand zich eens af waarom eigenlijk die krimp daar is?
Wat voor mechanismen er aan werk zouden kunnen zijn.

Ik zie dergelijke presentaties niet.
Is het zaak om daar uit de buurt te blijven? Om niet te dicht bij het echte mechanisme van MS te komen?

Als die krimp zich voltrekt kan het niet anders dan dat de individuele cellen krimpen.
Waarom zouden ze dat doen?

Nou 1 van de mogelijke verklaringen is dat de cellen mitochondria verliezen, en dat de cell gates verkalken.
En dat dit bij MS gewoon sneller gebeurt dan normaal.

Als je dit denken verder doorzet kom je op mijn thesis uit.
Cellen die langzaam hun mitochondria verliezen en daarmee de capaciteit om de ionenpomp op te laden.

Gek eigenlijk dat ik dit nooit eerder tegengekomen ben...
Marsei

Teriflunomide Slows Brain Atrophy in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis

Bericht door Marsei »

Teriflunomide Slows Brain Atrophy in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis

[URL="http://www.neurologyadvisor.com/ectrims ... le/444289/"][U]Teriflunomide[/U][/URL] Slows Brain Atrophy in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
[QUOTE]A reanalysis of phase III data on teriflunomide (Aubagio) shows that both doses of the drug result in significant reduction of brain volume loss vs. placebo in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis (RMS).[/QUOTE]
Marsei

What Does “Benign” Multiple Sclerosis Really Mean?

Bericht door Marsei »

What Does “Benign” Multiple Sclerosis Really Mean?

What Does [URL="http://www.msconnection.org/Blog/Octobe ... eally-Mean"]“Benign” Multiple Sclerosis[/URL] Really Mean?
[QUOTE]Bottom Line: So, where does this leave us? Well, I went into this research hoping for some clear answers on what the designation of “benign” or “non-benign” MS really means for people living with the disease. What I came away thinking is that it is not really a useful designation.
[/QUOTE]
Marsei

Angelica Asis in conversation with Dr. Anthony Traboulsee

Bericht door Marsei »

Angelica Asis in conversation with Dr. Anthony Traboulsee

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMsYjh-N2A"][U]Video[/U][/URL]: Angelica Asis in conversation with Dr. Anthony Traboulsee
Marsei

BartsMS blog

Bericht door Marsei »

BartsMS blog

ClinicSpeak: [URL="http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blog ... opics.html"][U]Highlights[/U][/URL] and Hot Topics Lecture at ECTRIMS

[QUOTE]"This was a very good ECTRIMS in relation to data presented. My highlights in order of priority:

Positive trial of [B]minocycline[/B] in CIS trial; where to from here? As always how do we get minocycline licensed for MS? In my 'Hot topics' talk (see below) I highlight the need for legislation to allow repurposing of off-patent drugs. For minocycline this is clearly a high priority.

[B]Alemtuzumab[/B] 5-year brain atrophy rate; simply too good to believe. If correct these results suggest that alemtuzumab-treated MSers in long-term remission have brain atrophy rates in the normal range. There is simply no other drug that does this except for possibly HSCT in early MS (unpublished Canadian data). I am very keen to do a deep phenotyping study on this cohort of alemtuzumab-treated MSers to see how healthy their brains are and to see if there is any evidence of ongoing disease activity. It is important for MSers and neurologists to know this; it may the 'killer app' that alemtuzumab needs to get wide adoption and position it away from all other DMTs, except possible HSCT. The latter is another reason for us to do the ZEUS trial.

[B]Ocrelizumab[/B] in relapsing MS results; very good efficacy with a very favourable safety profile. Ocrelizumab will allow us to flip the pyramid and use highly effective treatments very early in the disease in the majority of MSers. However, my initial enthusiasm for ocrelizumab has been dampened by Steve Hauser's comments that a large number of their patients with relapsing MS who have been treated for 10+ years on rituximab have now developed SPMS. If this is correct then anti-CD20 B-cell depletion will not be a panacea. Clearly we need to do similar deep phenotyping studies in ocrelizumab-treated MSers and we need to see what happens to brain atrophy rates over the long-term.

[B]Ocrelizumab[/B] in PPMS results; although these were positive we will need to wait to see if the results are being driven by a subgroup of PPMSers with inflammatory activity. I would be surprised if the regulatory authorities license ocrelizumab with a wide indication for PPMS; I suspect they will push for a more restrictive license based on subgroup analyses. This study also suggests we need to focus our attention of the B-cell as being the main driver of MS disease activity.

[B]Cognition[/B] is an early predictor of disability progression in MS. This now supports the incorporation of cognitive testing into routine clinical practice and the counselling of MSers about cognition. A focus on cognition, which is almost certainly a driver of early disability in MS, may also help the speedup the adoption of the early effective treatment paradigm in MS. Who wants to lose brain and cognition? If MSers knew this they would push for more effective treatments earlier in the course of their disease.

[B]Brain Health[/B]; for me personally launching our 'Brain Health: time matters in multiple sclerosis' policy document was a a major achievement. We hope this document acts as the catalyst to a change in the way we view the management and treatment of MS across the world. Please download and read the document and if you agree with the policies pledge your support. The more people who support this document the more influence it will have and ultimately it will help us achieve our vision 'to create a better future for people with multiple sclerosis and their families'. [/QUOTE]
Plaats reactie Vorig onderwerpVolgend onderwerp